Sunday, April 11, 2010

What Do I Do For (Insert Stubborn Body Fat Area)



This is a simple one. One that I all hear a lot. How do I get rid of my love handles? How do I get my abs to show? Any tips for making my thighs slimmer? Well, the answer to all those questions can be answered in a word: Sprint.
Body fat CAN NOT be targeted, it just doesn't work like that. In order to lose fat in certain areas, your body must burn off fat as a whole. So, doing 1000 crunches a day WILL NOT remove the love handles and doing countless squats WILL NOT make your legs super firm.
The best thing would be to combine sprinting some body weight exercises like squats, pushups, pull ups and dips.
Picture it this way, you see marathon runners on TV, those gauntly guys that seem malnourished and frail. Then you see world champion sprinters in the Olympics, they are long, lean and muscular specimens, some with legs the size of tree trunks.

Another thing to remember, crap food in, crapppy results out. A poor diet will completely cock block any performance gains you hope to see. So, eat clean and sprint.
WOD: 8 rounds
Sprint 50 Meters
Rest 45 sec-1 minute

No comments:

Post a Comment